If you intend to do business in Bulgaria permanently, you need to have a BULSTAT registration, whether you are a local national or foreign person. No such registration is required only for foreign persons from an EU Member State or other country which is a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area who do business in the country on a one-off or temporary basis.
The team of International Law Office „D. Vladimirov & Partners“ is at your service. We will prepare and file your documents for BULSTAT registration.
What is the BULSTAT register?
This is a national administrative register kept by the Registry Agency.
For each newly registered entity, BULSTAT generates a unique identification number (UIC). This BULSTAT code is a sole identifier of business entities in the country and is used in all documents which they issue or use.
Where to obtain BULSTAT registration
At the offices of all county courts there are registration service branches of the Registry Agency. Art. 9, paragraph 7 of the BULSTAT Register Act further defines the competent offices for registration of foreign persons.
Who is subject to registration
- foreign legal persons doing business in the country;
- foreign legal persons having real property in the country;
- legal persons and branches of foreign persons who are not traders;
- branches and divisions of legal persons who are not traders;
- branches and divisions of foreign legal persons other than the specified who are insurers;
- branches of traders registered in the Commercial Register;
- commercial agencies of foreign persons under Art. 24 of the Investment Promotion Act;
- foreign natural persons who do not have a personal identification number or foreigner’s personal number;
- unincorporated companies under the Obligations and Contracts Act and insurance funds under Art. 8 of Social Security Code;
- natural persons with freelance profession or craftsmen; who do business or provide independent personal services in the country, including through a place of business or a specific base or site.
Fees for BULSTAT registration
Fees for registering new entities are defined in Art. 8, paragraph 1 of the State Fees Tariff collected by the Registry Agency.
For a foreign legal person – BGN 40.
For a commercial agency – BGN 70.
For a branch of a non-profit legal person – BGN 15.
Entrust your BULSTAT registration to your lawyer at International Law Office „D. Vladimirov & Partners“.